Frequently Asked Questions
Planning Permission - Driveways
StableDRIVE products are classed as a permeable paving solution; see here for more details.
StableDRIVE products are suited to pedestrian and vehicular traffic with the correct sub-base (50mm to 200mm of hardcore / crushed concrete - depending on the level of use) and level layer of compacted sharp sand.
StableDRIVE products can be used on reasonable slopes, and are, in fact, a very good slope stabilising unit. However on gradients over 1:20, we recommend "picture framing" the installation, by adding an edging detail across the width every 5 - 6 metres, with the top 10mm above the gravel surface. This could be metal, timber or a line of pavers/sets.
Click here to see all the specifications
Each product's sizing is listed on its product page. They are also listed below:
- StablePAVE PRO - 1188 x 944 x 32mm (made up of 4 segments 594 x 472 x 32mm each) - 1.1m²
- StablePAVE TRADE - 1200 x 800 x 30mm - 0.96m²
- StablePAVE XL - 2400 x 1200 x 40mm - 2.88m²
- StablePATH ECO - 1200 x 800 x 30mm - 0.96m²
- StableGRASS 38 - 1000 x 1000 x 38mm - 1m²
We recommend a maximum of the following aggregates:
- StablePAVE PRO - 20mm (10mm-14mm ideal)
- StablePAVE TRADE - 14mm (10mm ideal)
- StablePAVE XL - 14mm (10mm ideal)
- StablePATH ECO - 12mm (10mm ideal)
1. Brick & Cement
2. Haunched concrete
3. Tanalised timber
4. Specialist edging - www.hrl-stableedge.co.uk
5. Tarmacadam (for ramping to existing surfaces)
Installation on an existing drive / concrete base
Please call us for advice - click here to find your local distributor
Country of manufacture
These products are manufactured in the UK and EEC (EU). More information on this is available on our Specification page.
Stock is available for delivery throughout UK quickly. Click here to buy.
Ensure that the honeycomb is always covered with a thin layer of gravel (approx 10 to 20mm). If you can see the honeycomb this is when it can become damaged. You may need to top up the gravel on heavily trafficked areas so choose a gravel which is readily available for topping up.
The system is not designed for constant HGV traffic, other than as parking bays.